Monday, March 23, 2020

Welcome to our MTH 360 Blog... A Supplemental Tool

Hi MTH 360 Crew,

I created this simple blog to be a place that could help us stay organized.  I'll create short posts with hints from questions that I have received, announcements and just other general supplemental advice as we go through this online learning period.

One thing that will be included is a running post that will function as a calendar for our class.  Many of you have already expressed to me that it is really tough to keep up with all the emails that you are getting from all your instructors.  I'll help with that by having a class calendar containing a running update of all communication, email dates, assignment dates, video posting dates and due dates.  You can always click on the calendar link which is over on the right margin to get to our calendar.

Also, this blog will host our "Office Hour Chats" that will allow you to post questions in real time and read my answers live.  The live chats are powered by a group called "JotCast" that I have worked with on the athletic side of the university.  They have graciously allowed us to use their software for free here at this blog so I want to thank them for that.  The chats will be archived in these posts, so you can always go back and re-read your peers questions and my answers along with our discussion.

Keep working hard and check back here from time to time.  I'll always announce chats and assignments by email, but I hope this is just another SIMPLE tool that can help keep us connected!

--Dr. Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment